Friday, November 4, 2011

FALL

" Every leaf speaks bliss to me , falling from an autumn tree"
William Allingham

The fall is slowly becoming one of my favorite seasons. I live in a small town in Utah that I think has the best weather this state has to offer, but my favorite part about it is the trees and all the wonderful colors that come with them. I used to hate fall because it reminded me of the end of summer and the start of a dreadful winter, which to me meant no more tanning and bikinis. But this year I realized that it has been years since I've been tanning and even longer since I wore a bikini.
I moved back home to deal with this hard change in my life and it has been the best decision I have made in my life. It is still hard because even though I am constantly doing the things I love and am around the people I love and that love me, I am still a bit sad and miss it . But as I walk around this town and see all the beauties around me I am learning to laugh more and just laugh through the pain and whatever. My sister said I am making progress because I have not cried in like a week. I didn't even realize it until she pointed it out. Funny how we never see out own progress.
So the fall is not a sad ending but a wonderful beginning to the trials of the winter and a path we must take to get to spring. Fall is a reminder of hope to me this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment